Tuesday 14 January 2014

WELCOME TO GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS OF D.K.GOVERNMENT COLLEGE, NELLORE-FEBRUARY 2014 


Accredited  with 'A' Grade by NAAC, Bangalore
D.K.Government College, Nellore(Known as DKW Nellore)

 The College was established in 1964 by the government of A.P with  a generous donation by Sri Dodla Subba Reddy, a philanthropist, in the name of his wife Smt. Dodla Kousalyamma.  The college is the first women's college in the district, with hostel facility. The present buildings were got constructed by the donor in an area of about 25 acres in the center of Nellore Town in 1968.
This prestigious  college has been serving  the educational  needs of thousands of girl students of Nellore and near by districts. Those who completed their graduation from this institute are well settled in their life as doctors, teachers, lecturers, industrialists, administrators, home makers, and in many other capacities. The college is going to celebrate the Golden Jubilee celebrations in the third week of February 2014. In this connection I invite all the alumni of the college, to participate in the celebrations and make it a grand success. 
   The encouragement and support of the students, their parents, and the elite of the town,  helped a lot in the growth and development of the institution. The role of all those people who have worked for the past 50 years, and persons who are working in the present is worth mentioning in strengthening the pillars of the institution.The support and blessings of the CCE A.P Hyderabad in the growth of the institution is also a great boon. The college is  one among the 4 government colleges of the state that secured 'A' grade by NAAC, Bangalore, is the evidence of how the institute is working. The tree has been growing strong with the spreading of its branches, and has disseminated the products through out the globe. The institute is proud of the the students for all the achievements and consider them as the true ambassadors of the institute. 

Make it a pleasing responsibility not as pain to visit the motherly institute again, that turned 50 successful years, with many memorable achievements. Please enroll your self as alumni, and send your particulars to the mail address given, so that your photo and profile  appears in the souvenir, which will be published on the eve of the 50 years of celebrations. 
The college  also cordially invites all the people  who served  the institution since 1964 to participate in the celebrations.
The Alumni and former employees meet(Aatmeeya Sammelan)is on 22nd February from 10.00A.M and the GoldenJubilee function is on 23rd in the college campus. Please be present on both dates to make the function a grand success.
Thank you for all the people who responded positively.
 Please intimate your friends also to participate in the memorable celebrations. If you are staying in far away places,  you may also send your particulars; such as
years of study, course, present position etc, 
Please send your emails to dk50years@gmail.com; or call 0861-2327568;
Organizing committee
Dr.B.Krishna Murthy- convener-9391634466,
(Lecturer in Commerce)
Smt.V.Kezia Lakshmi Bai-9866948779
(Lecturer in Zoology)
Smt.P.Uma Devi-9966260555
(Lecturer in English)
Dr.K.Padmaja -9502455588
(Lecturer in English)

Thank you

Principal  
Dr.P.Venkateswarlu, M.Com, Ph.D
mobile-9948121701
Staff and students
D.K.Government college, Nellore.

16 comments:

  1. all the very best....congratulations.....we will go on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the privilege of joining in this college on my first appointment and I had the opportunity of working in this college for a long period which made this college my own home. I always cherish memorable moments in my heart. I wish all the staff and students all the very best, I also wish all my old students best of luck wherever they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr.C.V.Bala Tripura Sundari28 January 2014 at 05:26

    In 50 years of of D.K. College, I am proud to say that I have been a part of it for nearly half the period.During this memorable journey I have been associated with great principals,wonderful teachers, intelligent students and good human beings. Strengthening of Alumni networking and networking of transferred and retired staff will pay rich dividends to the college. I wish the Principal, the staff, students and everyone associated with the college, the very best. I wish the college a glorious future.
    Dr.C.V.Balatripura Sundari.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am proud to say that I have worked for few years, that too at the time of college gets A grade in re accreditation by NAAC, is a great memory in my journey. Let this intellectual property be sustained for ever and the institution bloom beautifully in future also.Wishing the very best for a glorious future.
    A.Lalithamba

    ReplyDelete
  5. S.Vasantha Kumari M.Sc,M.Phil; Rtd Lecturer in Mathematics, D.K.G.C.W, NLR.
    I was very much associated with the prestigeous college as the first batch student, as junior lecturer in Mathematics and later as lecturer.It was my previlege to start my profession with my lecturers(who taught me)in 1972 and then with contemporers and the students of D.K.G.C.W for nearly 34 years. I was proud to say that I had the previlege of performing the Silver Jubilee of the college in 1989 year,by the guidance of our principal Miss V.Varalaxmi and the old students of the college. I congratulate the present principal and staff for working in autonomous status of the college. I wish the principal, staff (teaching & non-teaching) and students a very pleasant and prosperous performance in the celebrations of Golden Jubilee in 2014.I wish you all the best in all activities and good health
    S.Vasantha Kumari

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vasantha sena. I felt very happy when I heard the news from my sister Dr.Chandra Sena i.e dkw college old student's day and Golden Jubilee celebrations.I was the student union president at the time of 1989-90.We celebrate Silver Jubilee Function in 1990 March by the guidence of our Principal Miss V.Vara Lakshmi madam and staff.I always cherish memories of those days.Thank you very much for giving this great oppartunity all of us.I wish the Principal,Staff,Student's and everyone All The Very Best. vasantha sena Ex-Student union president.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi every one! This is Dr.Chandra Sena.. I was a student of this beloved college DKW during 1980- 82! I really miss my college days, my teachers, friendzz and all the fun i had!! Those are the cherished moments which will linger on my mind forever! Now, recently Uma, (DKW student) has informed about the Golden jubilee... which is giving me the opportunity to get back into that most-liked college!! And i wish everyone good days ahead...!! :) Proud to be a DKW student!! ---- Dr. Chandra Sena!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi every one! This is Dr.Chandra Sena.. I was a student of this beloved college DKW during 1980- 82! I really miss my college days, my teachers, friendzz and all the fun i had!! Those are the cherished moments which will linger on my mind forever! Now, recently Uma, (DKW student) has informed about the Golden jubilee... which is giving me the opportunity to get back into that most-liked college!! And i wish everyone good days ahead...!! :) Proud to be a DKW student!! ------Dr. Chandra Sena!!

    ReplyDelete

  10. At this happy occasion of celebrating golden jubilee of D K W college ,i share my happiness as an alumni (first batch student 1965-1968) and as a lecturer for well over a decade from 1991-2004.

    Please convey my best wishes to principal,staff and students(ex and present) who are present at this joyous occasion of golden jubilee celebrations of this college.I wish our college a very glorious future.

    with warm regards
    Rajani prabha
    retd lecturer zoology

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you my mothers Vasundhara friend she talks a lot about you all the time
      Her contact 9949514965 in India I'm typing this from USA . Hope you meet or call her

      Delete
  11. Mubashira begum , BSC home science year of study 1993 to 1998
    and my whole family studied there
    my aunt & Sisters Ms. Shakira begum 1969, Ms.Nasira Bdgum 1975, Shabiha Khatoon 1984, Sharikha tarnum 1993

    please let us know when to come and attend as all of us live in different parts of the world what is the exact agenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm Sailaja studied in DKW college 1986-1990 Batch.I'm happy my college is celebrating golden jublee
    I have great experiences, I can never forget my English Lecturer Ravinder Sir History Lecturer SubbaLakshmi Madam Who were great Inspiration.Today I'm a Head Mistress at my own school in Hyderabad.I'm greatful to my college and Lecturers Who paved way for my success in life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi....Iam jyothi studied in DKW College during 1986-1990.We had very good experience at DKW College and I proudly say that there is a great part of our lecturers for our development and for what we have in life today.Iam proud to say that I was a part of Silver Jubilee Celebrations of DKW college in 1989 and at that time I was the vice president of this college.I wish that every one who are studying in this college have good days ahead.......Today I'm a Head Mistress at my own School VIKAS HIGH SCHOOL,BALAJINAGAR,NELLORE.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi I am Sandhya K and I am very proud to say that I studied at DKW college during the years 1971 thru 1976. I resided in the DKW hostel those years . If any one recollect your memories and remember me please contact me. I must say attending DKW college int 60's and 70's was great privilege , enjoyed my college days and learned a lot form my best Lecturers.
    I wish all the students that are attending now a best future .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi I am Sandhya K and I am very proud to say that I studied at DKW college during the years 1971 thru 1976. I resided in the DKW hostel those years . If any one recollect your memories and remember me please contact me. I must say attending DKW college int 60's and 70's was great privilege , enjoyed my college days and learned a lot form my best Lecturers.
    I wish all the students that are attending now a best future .

    ReplyDelete